Title : Senior System Admin – Cloud
Mandatory Skill : AWS-Amazon Web Services
Experience : 6 to 10 Years
Certification : AWS
Level : L3
Shift : UK Hours
Cab : Yes
Location : Electronic City- Bangalore
|ROLE: On a day-to- day basis, this role will provide technical support for the Shared Services Cloud Enterprise platforms. As part of the Shared Services Infrastructure Support team, the candidate will be able to offer a wealth of experience across our Shared Services AWS, Azure and Google Enterprise Cloud Platforms, with a good knowledge of other traditional Enterprise technologies such as Virtualisation, Networking, Linux and Windows. Able to demonstrate passion in the cloud area, self-drive, flexibility, adaptability, motivation, as well as excellent problem solving capability.|
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows administration ( Redhat / Ubuntu / 2008 / 2012).
- Ability to write automation code in a common scripting language (e.g BASH / PowerShell / Python / Java ).
- Understanding of Internet technologies (TCP stack / DNS / routing and load balancing, etc).
- Understanding of Service Management process like change management, Incident Management, on call rotations, escalations, uptime, etc.
- Knowledge of build and deployment mechanisms (e.g Jenkins / Bamboo / Anthill Pro).
- Experience with server build and configuration management (e.g Puppet / Chef, GIT).
- Cloud Formation Scripts and/or Azure Resource Manager.
- Ensure the cloud environment is fully operational, highly available and meets our defined set of SLAs.
- Monitor and respond to incident support tickets on a daily basis.
- Be an escalation point for P1 & P2 issues in the cloud and Linux environment and assist with problem solving.
- Work with 3rd Party suppliers to ensure that processes are adhered to and leverage for current and future business requirements.
- Guarantee that security best-practises are taken into account throughout the build, deployment of the cloud platform and steady state thereafter.
- Assess new services / Features provided by cloud providers and understand whether they would be suitable for the business to adopt.
- Respond to, and satisfactorily resolve, any escalated customer issues or concerns.
- Work with the Cloud Platform Manager to identify possible service improvements and implement these through the Change Management process.
- Be an escalation point for Priority 1 & 2 Major Incidents, liaising with the Incident Manager.
- Ensure the servers / services (e.g.RDS, AMI) are patched to latest standards in collaboration with own team and other teams (Windows, Unix).
- Responsibility for working with the Service Provider on routine testing of backup, resiliency, and disaster recovery scenarios specific to the cloud computing environment.
- Work successfully with on and off shore outsourced resources to provide the best overall working structure.
- Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning, and performance analysis, cost Analsyis and optimization activities.
- Demonstrable understanding of security, reliability, scalability and availability concepts.
- Draft, Provide input to documentation, troubleshooting playbooks, policies and procedures.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with strong technical and infrastructure operations background.
- Excellent working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- At least one certification in a cloud platform.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Virtualization knowledge and experience.
- Appreciation for the DevOps culture and values.
- Must have hands-on experience managing highly available cloud infrastructure environments.
- Must have excellent skills in problem analysis and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Infrastructure team
- Service Delivery team
- Application/Service Managers
- 3rd Party Support Partners
- Transition Management
- Problem Management
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Vendor Management
- Project / Program Managers
- Must be prepared to respond to major incidents relating to infrastructure outages at short notice and outside of normal working hours.
- Must be willing to work in UK hours.
- Must be prepared to work very early mornings to cover the change window.