Lead Networking Engineer | For CMMi Level5 Company | Chennai
Designation : Lead Networking Engineer
Experience : 6 Plus years of Experience with Enterprise Networks Exposure
Domain : Networking & Telecommunications – 24*7
Education : B.E (ECE or CS) / Diploma in ECE or CS, with
Cisco & Checkpoint / Juniper Certified
- Experience with networking & infrastructure technologies in an operational capacity – Cisco / Nortel knowledge preferred.
- Working Knowledge with EIGRP , OSPF routing protocols, ATM, Frame-relay , point to Point Leased Circuits
- Working knowledge of network management tools as well mainframe connectivity including VTAM concepts, NetView, TN3270 and SNA Gateways.
- Good analytical skills and organization; superior interpersonal and communication skills; ability to multitask with a willingness to learn quickly in a fast pace environment. Willingness to work in rotation in any shift and any day.
- Provide network support, monitoring, incident/problem management services for GNS in U.S.
- Perform network maintenance tasks including redundancy testing, network events & activity reporting.
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff members at GNS Chennai interfacing with Chennai & U.S. management as appropriate. Develop and maintain operational procedures and schedules at Chennai.
- Provide quick Network Engineering Solutions to the global team and BNYM customers
- Provide Level 2 support for Firewall , Load Balancers and WAN Optimizers
- Mentoring junior staffs for Technology exposure
- Provide Team leadership & Ownership of Activities
Technology / Functional
- Cisco Technologies ( Routing / Switching / IP telephony & IP TV )
- Nortel TDM EPABX , MICB Audio Bridge
- Polycom Video Stations ( 7000 and above )
Behavioral : Business Communications,Interpersonal & Team Player