Information Security Analyst | Chennai
Title : Information Security Analyst
Experience : 4 Years to 8 Years
Certifications : Appropriate certifications (CISM, CISSP, CISA, and CGEIT) would be an advantage.
Location : Chennai
The Information Security Analyst will plan and implement security measures to safeguard information systems against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. The incumbent will be responsible for Information Technology Security as related to system audits and policies and procedures, as well as compliance for the following areas:
Disaster recovery, network security, data protection and application security.
- Identify potential threats and respond to reported security violations to determine causes, possible solutions, and remedial actions required to ensure data security. Coordinate, document, and report on investigations of possible security violations.
- Confer with Management, the Legal Department, Developers, Risk Assessment Staff, Auditors, Facilities and Security Departments, and other personnel to identify and plan for security for application data, software applications, and hardware, telecommunications, and computer installations.
- Work with external service providers and vendors to identify, select, and implement backup and archiving disaster recovery-related software, hardware, and processes.
- Provide information security and business continuity training to IQS employees as needed.
- Create and maintain Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Analyze, recommend, and coordinate the installation of security software, hardware, physical security components, and other security measures.
- Monitor compliance with security policies and procedures among employees, contractors, and other third parties.
- Monitor internal controls systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels and security controls are maintained.
- Monitor changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect information security.
10. Organize and manage periodic security audits; correcting issues as they arise.
11. Ensure compliance with required security.
12. Recommend improvements to policies and procedures.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of strong hands-on technical experience in Information Security, security standards, and architectural reviews is required.
- CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CISA, CGEIT or other information security specific certification is required.
- Must have experience working on application security.
- Strong technical, analytical, presentation, documentation, and communication skills are essential.
Excellent attention to detail is necessary.