Senior Technical & Customer Support Manager – Bahrain
Designation : Senior Technical & Customer Support Manager
Reports To : Vice president/General Manager
Qualifications : B.E., Computer Science, With MBA is preferred.
Job Location : Bahrain
15+ years in IT systems integration with 8-10 years in technical management of customer support department and minimum 7 years in supervising a team of minimum 50+ technical professionals.
Job Responsibilities :
- Directly manage and develop the core accounts through account management, generate & validate billing information, sustain parallel communication channels, to ensure account profitability, customer satisfaction & new business growth.
- Sets and achieves Customer Service department goals and results by using ‘best practice’ leadership and management principles and ensuring adherence to organizational procedures, policies, and systems.
- Understanding and building a strong business relationship with the Bahrain market place.
- Identify new business opportunity, gather competitor information & recommend appropriate action to achieve predetermined business objectives.
- People Management – Guide, support & motivate the team, review & develop performance & potential to ensure individual & organizational objectives are met.
- Provide day to day supervision of the Technical Support group.
- Oversee incident escalations from the Technical Support group to other groups within the company.
- Develop Technical Specialists for greater responsibility, professionalism, and technical expertise.
- Assess the training needs of the Technical Support group and address them. .
- Track customer incidents and ensure that customers receive replies in a timely manner.
- Provide information on open support issue to upper management.
- Directly oversee the handling of high profile and/or high importance customer support issues.
- Liaise with Sales and other departments to ensure that the company is able to capitalize on available synergies between the groups.
- Author, review and authorize processes, procedures, and telephone scripts for use in Technical Support and related business areas.
- Work with a cross functional team, consisting of Microsoft and infrastructure practices, application services, engineering and customer support practices, to deliver the best solutions to the market /customers.
- Understand viability of the product / market need / duration of the product in the market.
- Stay abreast of current market trends; develop a solid understanding of competitors’ product offerings and their customers.
- Monitor competitive environment, including performance and ratings, to determine key activities and trends; recommend actions needed to maintain and improve market position.
- Accountable and responsible for payment collection for the services rendered through regular review.
- Position solutions & services within the product line and the competitive marketplace
- Identify peer group products, solutions & services and develop and regularly update personally and the team..
- Prepare and maintain key account planning and management plans for all major clients.
- Sets and manages client expectations. Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Develop clear feedback and measurement of client satisfaction with actionable criteria for removing impediments like technical, people or process.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
- Participate in trade shows that increase market and mind share and presenting technical & white paper presentations to strategic customers.
- To train, develop, motivate and retain customer Support team, without losing the experience and expertise.
- Proactive people management including regular appraisal, performance management and rewards process through assigning KRA and evaluation through KPI achievements.
- Coordinate with human resources department in handling interviews and provide necessary support for the recruitment of consultants in the organization.
- 3 Microsoft Certifications
- HP/Sun Unix Certified
- Cisco Certified
- PMP/ITIL certified
Technical skills required:
- Technical Skills: HP Unix, Sun Unix, Microsoft infrastructure(not limited to Win 2003/2008 Server, Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007), Cisco, VMware
- Expertise: Full hands on expertise in resolution of Technical issues.
- External – With customers and business alliance partners.
- Internal – With other departments that include Sales, Microsoft services team, finance team, human resources and administration team.