Information Consultants – MOSS 2007
Role: The Consultant provides technical direction and leadership in the architecture, design, pilot, and deployment of Microsoft technologies within our enterprise and upper mid market customer base.
The Consultant will have deep and broad technical skills in Infrastructure and related MS technologies/products as well as solid architecture and design skills. You will leverage existing team’s expertise, and resources as required to design, develop, and deploy solutions.
Roles involve ability to design, develop, and deploy solutions that cater to the customer’s requirements. Candidates must be able to understand the customer’s environment and define business requirements.
Design, Vision and Scope, Strategy and Technical Documents
- Accountable for maintaining a high degree of solution architecture and design capability with deep technical skills in one or more of the streams mentioned in the Areas of Expertise Section below.
- Understand customer environment and define business requirements with engagement and practice managers
- Develop architectural/functional design document based on existing examples or new requirements
- Map product solution and technical information to customer’s context; Conduct informal risk analysis
- Create local prototype, or proof of concept, to test solution
- Understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the designed/developed solution
- Deliver engagements as an individual contributor, technical subject matter expert or as a team member on small projects
- Transfer skills to customers (and project team) through effective communication & service engagements
- Identify opportunities for providing value to customers, proactively offering to engage our services & ensuring they’re satisfied with the delivery of the services
- Remain technically competent in a broad range of MS products & technologies within area of expertise.
- On-going Advice (Knowledge Transfer) to the Customer
- Build knowledge base and gather best practices on technology, products, business processes, and the industry
- Prepare documentation as required
Requirements – Knowledge & Experience:
- 6+ years experience in Technical Solutions Consulting and Full Lifecycle development.
- Proven ability to consult, design and architect solutions, project plan and manage delivery of projects.
- Project leadership skills, excellent communication, planning, and presentation skills
- Flexibility to be able to work at both design & detailed technical level within the focus area of products & technology & be able to advise client on effect of future technology changes
- Experience of working on large MS infrastructure projects.
- Proven Customer service skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
MS Accreditations: MCSE, – MCDBA
Technical Skills: – Win 2xxx Server, – Active Directory, – M SharePoint \ MOSS 2003 and 2007 ASP.NET
Exposure to a .NET programming language (VB.NET or C#) An understanding of portals
Strong Problem Solving Skills
The SharePoint\MOSS Consultant will be responsible for:
- Working on diverse and complex consulting engagements, often in technical or political environments.
- Designing customer solutions that effectively leverage MS business, products, programmes and services.
- Acting as technical or business resource
- Providing assistance in technical or process planning and guidance to customers and other consultants.
- Analyze the risks, benefits and opportunities of various solutions.
- Performing technical troubleshooting.
- Proactively work with the engagement team and partner to pursue on-sell opportunities.
- 3 Microsoft Certifications – mandatory
- 1 Non Microsoft Certification – mandatory.