Business Continuity Manager | Enterprise Risk Management
Title : Business Continuity Manager
Level : AGM
Experience : 10 + Years
Department : Enterprise Risk Management
Job Location : Bangalore – INDIA
- The Business Continuity Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and managing the Group’s business continuity program. The person will support all activities necessary to enable Group to respond to a business interruption.
- Develop and maintain a Group wide business continuity program that addresses disaster recovery, business recovery and emergency response management.
- Develop, produce and update BCP/DR materials and documentation (e.g., plans, emergency response procedures, call lists, test results, etc.).
- Assist different business units with:
- i. Assessment of potential business impact.
- ii. Definition of critical, time-sensitive functions.
- iii. Design, development, and documentation of the Business unit/Sector/Group business continuity plans.
- Perform risk analyses for functional areas to identify points of vulnerability, single points of failure and identify risk avoidance and treatment strategies.
- Recommend recovery strategies and options, and assist with the implementation of recovery solutions.
- Develop schedules for training / awareness for the required business partner associates.
- Ensure all personnel with specific Business Continuity responsibilities are adequately trained to fulfill their assigned responsibilities. Ensuring all employees are familiar with the relevant provisions of the Business Continuity Plans.
- Plan and coordinate all business continuity technical and user testing.
- Ensuring that all technical components of the Business Continuity Plans are successfully tested at least annually, or whenever significant changes are made to those components.
- Planning and coordinating at least one simulation exercise a year, involving all critical business units. Documenting the results of all tests and exercises, and identifying any recommended enhancements to the Business Continuity Plans and Procedures.
- Coordinate development of business unit schedules for annual business continuity documentation, maintenance and update, exercises, and independent review and validation.
- Work closely with IT to develop/maintain effective DR plans for critical systems and applications and to ensure that internal recovery sites are updated and functioning properly.
- Liaise with various cross functional teams to develop effective working relationships.
- Coordinate routine updates to the detailed information supporting the Business Continuity Procedures. Administering contracts and service agreements with Business Continuity service providers.
- Report the business continuity status of business units/functions to senior management.
- Assures that recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key corporate resources and for the resumption of critical business processes.
- Provide expertise and support to management and business functional areas, as requested, when a business disruption occurs.
- Liaison with external agencies as required for carrying out the above activities.
- Assessing the Business Continuity implications of proposed technological or organizational changes, and coordinating any revisions to existing Business Continuity Plans and procedures necessitated by such changes.
- Analyze and report on implications of regulatory requirements and industry guidance on BCP/DR programs.
- Job requirement includes travel to all Group Business locations.
- Engineer/CA/MBA with qualification in BCP preferred.
- 10+ Years of work experience preferably in a consulting role on actively developing and deploying business continuity programs.
- Provides professional, specialized skills, including business continuity planning, project management, problem analysis and resolution.
- Understanding of infrastructure business, processes, systems & operations and the ability to communicate in these areas will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal/written communications. Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business partners in remote locations.
- Willing to travel to various project sites spread across various locations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a great degree of autonomy