AGM-Logistics – Central Procurement Team (Large Business Group) Bangalore
Position : AGM-Logistics
Department : Central Procurement
Qualification : BE / Graduation with Post Graduation Diploma in Logistic and Supply Chain.
Experience : 12-15 years
Location : Bangalore
- To develop a corporate plan for Logistics spend basis of all the projects
- Value creating by taking responsibility of transport of logistics of import material & domestic material.
- Identify & select logistics (Freight, forwarding and warehousing) suppliers
- Establish database of consolidation agents across the globe and leverage as required
- Analyze and leverage logistics spend for better terms from suppliers
- Develop Logistcis contracts and monitor execution
- Understand project context and identify and recommend logistics options on basis of lead time, reliability and freight costs.
- Create shipment plans that include quantity, products and shipment schedule based on purchase forecasts.
- Gather feedback on logistics provider performance from the projects. Analyze feedbck for development of logistics providers.
- Manage reverse logistics, for efficient return/disposal of rejected goods and materials
- Coordinate expediting and tracking activities with carriers, packers and shipping agents.
- Research customs tariffs and build related knowledge capital
- Ensure compliance to EXIM policy and Customs Act. Monitor legalization of documents from embassies where required, and liaise with DGFT as and when required
- Communicate appropriate customs tariffs, procedures and available exemptions to projects on request, as well as provide regular updates on modifications/notifications
- Research customs exemption opportunities or specific projects and report to business procurement leads
- Liaise with Forwarders and Cusotm House Agents for smooth and faster deliveries of materials. Ensure validity of Import Export Code (IEC) and RMRC as per EXIM policy.
- Logistics & inventory management
- Statutory policies and procedures
- Procurement risk assessment
- Import / Export Expertise
- Supplier negotiation
- Cost Sheet and costing norms
- Supplier relationship management & partnership
- Problem solving
- Contract Design
- Hands on experience in handling International and domestic logistics
- Exposure to Foreign Trade Policy, Customs, Custom Clearance Formalities
- SAP exposure
- SRM exposure
- 1. Worked in large manufacturing / distribution Company
- 2. (Candidate should have experience in handling international logistics, importing heavy equipments, Freight Contracting)