System Engineer -CVAS/ISCP – Chennai
Title : System Engineer-CVAS/ISCP
Experience : 4+ Years to 7 Years
Location : Chennai
- Perform the following activities as they pertain to new features of the Converged Application Server product line in the intelligent networking arena:
- Solicit customer requirements – Understand customer business opportunity/problem by working with business management and directly with the customer. Document customer needs.
- Understand solution space appropriate to address customer needs in line with feasible design/development and feature scope.
- Document detailed system and interface requirements corresponding to chosen solution.
- Solicit comments from the development team and the customer; if necessary make changes to the requirements document to accommodate the feedback.
- Obtain document approval sign-off from the development team and the customer.
- Participate in feature team to ensure that requirements are implemented as intended, including reviews of design documents, related requirements documents, and test case plans.
- Manage change-control of requirements document to accommodate modifications due to design, implementation, testing, and customer need variations from the original understanding.
- Create input for end-user documentation, possibly including the first draft of such documentation.
- Familiarity with the CVAS/ISCP set of products
- Demonstrated knowledge of intelligent networking protocols (e.g., SS7, WIN, CAMEL)
- Demonstrated knowledge of SIP
- Demonstrated knowledge of JAVA programming in a service creation environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSA/Parlay APIs
- Background in intelligent network services (e.g., prepaid, number translation)
- Demonstrated knowledge of web service and database technologies
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Telecommunications intelligent networking or VoIP background and experience
- Excellent teaming skills