Title : Sr. DBA (Oracle / PostgresSQL )
Experience : 7+ Years
Industry : Information Technology
Product : Network Security
- 5+ Years IT experience in Oracle Database Administration. PostgresSQL is preferred.
- Creating and configuring Oracle instances and databases over the network.
- Expertise with Designing enterprise-wide database backup and recovery plans and implementing backup/recovery, failover and replication procedures.
- Effort to implement RMAN backup strategy. Exporting and Importing Database.
- Performance and Diagnostic Tuning, Application Tuning and tune disk utilization.
- Configuring Oracle Net and Shared Server options. Fine tuning the database.
- Strong experience in monitoring and maintaining production databases.
- Upgrading / Migrating Oracle Database Server from 8i to 9i and to 10g as well as Clients.
- Setting up Standby Databases in Oracle 9i / 10g for Disaster Recovery.
- Installation, configuration, creation and maintenances of PostgreSQL databases.
- Knowledge in UNIX Shell scripting.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle, PostgreSQL Databases.
- Creation of databases as per specifications given by the end users.
- Designing and implementation of database backup, restore and recovery procedures/techniques.
- RMAN and Export/Import utilities for selective Backup.
- Check Alert Log errors and make necessary actions to rectify them.
- Monitor objects growths (tablespaces, tables). Fine tuning and troubleshooting of Oracle and PostgreSQL databases.
- Frequent analysis of objects or schemas to improve the speed of the database
- Handling the connection related issues – resolving problems in client systems..
- Database maintenance activities like index rebuilding based on user requests.
- Configure & manage standby database for disaster recovery (Data Guard).
- Taking cold Backups for test and development database based on the client requirement.
- Monitoring the backup and check its consistency and integrity by doing a restoration on a different server.
- Keeping a checklist and methodologies, that defines required deliverables at each stage.